Plan, direct, or coordinate marketing policies and programs, identify potential customers and methods to reach customers. Oversee material, promotion and advertising development and monitor trends that indicate the need for new products and services.
Required Education and Experience
- 8+ years’ experience in Marketing or a combination of education and experience that would enable performance of the full scope of the position
- Proven experience producing content for web, as well as social-specific knowledge (blog, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Strong background in vetting and buying print, eblasts, local digital, OOH, DM, direct mail, and unique marketing channels. Comfortable with developing and executing complex marketing plans.
- Advanced proficiency with the Internet and Adobe Suite of products
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel) & related software applications
- Previous budgeting, design, and project management experience a must
- Knowledge and understanding of Marketing procedures and processes
- Ability to think independently
- Driven and goal-oriented, focused on success
- Must have the ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as job duties demand
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor or MBA degree in Marketing or a related field
- Insurance and/or Warranty company marketing experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Essential Functions – Supervisory
- Manage corporate marketing strategy; review brochures, ads, websites, company newsletter, videos, collateral, print display ads, trade shows, presentations, point-of-purchase and marketing materials developed by operations team
- Directs the design, development, and execution of product packaging to ensure consistency with the corporate objectives and brand strategy
- Train, coach, mentor, and evaluate the performance of team to ensure staff members meet or exceed the standards, results, and responsibilities of their respective positions
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels
- Build, strengthen and maintain positive business relationships by establishing rapport with agents, vendors and internal personnel through outbound calls, emails and written correspondence
- Provide timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or consumer concerns
- Provide reporting on projects, development, status and costing on a regular basis
- Develop and coordinate communication pieces, both internal and external
- Provide marketing, advertising, and strategic guidance for company’s website
- Develop and manage marketing operating budget
- Online marketing expertise for commercial markets with focus on search engine optimization, social media, and lead generation
- Consult Senior Vice President of Sales or next level Supervisor for guidance
- Research, negotiate, and coordinate new advertising opportunities
- Coordinate advertising schedules and placement
- Develop and coordinate product and corporate "branding" initiatives
- Work with Social Media team on articles and content
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and improve personnel and department functions
- Provide performance feedback through informal communications, goal-setting, deficiency management, conduct formal performance reviews and set expectations
- Perform general management duties such as leading daily operations and resource planning
- Insure department meets or exceeds procedural, service requirements
- Manage staffing budget and personnel to maintain high service and deliverable percentages
- Track and communicate performance of team to Management
- Minimize downtime/distractions through compliance with established support procedures
- Escalate complaints through the appropriate channels in accordance with policies and procedures
- Project a professional image in all settings
Essential Functions – General
Must ensure customer satisfaction and perform the following duties personally or through subordinates:
- Oversee printed material creation, design and timetables for marketing materials and customer documents, direct mail, industry associations, and other methods to promote the business
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending marketing policies and procedures
- Coordinate PR & planning for executing successful marketing campaigns and franchise start-ups
- Achieve client satisfaction standards while managing budgeted costs
- Oversee shipping and fulfillment of supplies and manage related costs
- Write and distribute press releases
- Maintain Social Media sites and update company blog
- Review mock ups, proofs and design documents for estimate and printing
- Supervise creation and distribution of customer newsletter
- Manage edits, redrafts, modifications and final sign off on print requests
- Manage inventory, new orders, design, and fulfillment of company material including full color sales brochures, customer contracts/policies, sales presentation materials and other materials
- Assure strong advertising vendor relationships to keep our ad sites up-to-date with content
- Make recommendations, implement changes and monitor results for improvement of materials, services and fulfillments to client base
- Pursue further knowledge as it relates to the industry and the position by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies or other study
- Create and adhere to budgets for print materials and advertising
- In conjunction with legal, ensure legal compliance by monitoring and reviewing company requirements on forms
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
The duties listed above are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing; they are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties, responsibilities and activities does not exclude them from the position; as they may change at any time with or without notice.
E-mail your resume, salary history and salary preference to HR@agwsinc.com.
Be sure to note the job title(s) you are interested in applying for in the subject line of your email.