Job title: Sales Assistant Vice President
The Sales Assistant Vice President is responsible for adding, developing and retaining auto dealer relationships in territory. Activities include:
- Developing leads for both dealers and agencies.
- Prospecting auto dealers and agencies in territory.
- Making sales presentations.
- Assisting agencies with training or performing in dealership training.
- Support new dealer kick offs, and cultivate agency relationships with dealers in territory.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- College or University degree
- 10 or more years of experience in Experience with an independent sales team
- Previous experience at a warranty administration company or automobile dealership preferred
- Superior presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal
- Demonstrate abilities in time management; including, managing multiple projects and meeting strict deadlines
- Creative responses to problem resolution
- Must be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Mathematical aptitude and skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point) and Internet
- Ability to make recommendations and implement process improvements
- Driven and goal-oriented, focused on success
- Proven experience working collaboratively, improving productivity, and implementing ideas
- CRM system experience a plus
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings as required
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly
Accountable for sales growth, account retention, revenue growth and support the company's marketing partners & dealers in service, sale and profitability of the company products. This position requires management of sales production and loss experience within dealerships in territory. Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible to meet quarterly prospecting, account development and production goals
- Make field sales calls to key dealers and agents and coordinate sales strategy with agents in territory
- Support and develop sales in the various market segments of the assigned sales territory
- Prospect new contacts to establish new relationships and generate business
- Execute marketing, prospecting and sales strategies in coordination with management
- Participate in profitability reviews, study and meetings for marketing partners, agencies, dealerships, marketers and other relationships
- Attend and take part in dealership kickoffs, training, service and other meetings to facilitate profitability and productivity
- Assist in the design of new products as requested
- Grow profitable business through new and existing outlets to the group of companies
- Carry out sales plans based on sales strategy
- Coordinate sales and technical training of Sales Representatives at a dealership & agency level
- Organize and coordinate sales meetings
- Meet sales targets set by company
- Manage sales budgets and profitability analysis
- Participate in company trade show events as required
- Manage expense account for company sponsored events or travel
- Build, strengthen and maintain positive business relationships by establishing rapport with customers
- Address customer issues promptly and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Keep appropriate personnel informed of changes to customer account information
- Provide timely feedback to the company regarding service failures or customer concerns
- Overnight travel is required to successfully manage territory
- A valid driver's license in good standing and valid passport are required
- Display a professional image in all settings
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.