Job Title: Technical Customer Service Representative
Assisting callers in the claims authorization process on vehicle mechanical repairs. Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints. This position is primarily responsible for providing superior customer service for all internal and external customers through excellent communication utilizing in-depth knowledge of company products and services.
Required Education and Experience
- Some knowledge of automotive, truck and RV parts/repairs
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- 2 or more years Customer Service experience or related experience and/or training that would enable performance of the full scope of the position
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software
- Exceptional patience and listening skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to maneuver through multiple systems within a windows type environment
- Excellent data entry skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Patience in handling difficult customers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree or certificate from an automotive/truck technical program
- Knowledge of cars/trucks
- ASE Certifications
- Knowledge of mechanical repair agreements
- Call center
- Typing speed of 35 WPM or higher
- Bi-lingual Spanish ability
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Collision repair experience
- Automotive experience
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full-time position
- Standard days are Monday through Friday
- Must be willing and have the ability to work additional hours during peak business needs and occasional weekend hours, as requested
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings as required.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Answer a large volume of inbound calls from contract holders, selling dealers and repair facilities in a timely manner
- Make outbound calls to customers and repair facilities for additional information
- Read and understand contract language
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and company policies and procedures
- Guide and instruct contract holders on repair and claims procedures
- Coordinate and dispatch claims for Alloy Wheel, Windshield and Dent
- Make use of problem solving/decision making skills to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction to address issues and ensure effective and long-term resolution of disputes
- Return phone messages and emails within one business day
- Assist to create a new network of vendors for ancillary products
- Provide thorough, efficient and accurate updates on computer system for each call
- Meet established goals for all metrics, including call quality and productivity
- Build, strengthen and maintain positive business relationships by establishing rapport with customers (agents, dealers and internal personnel)
- Maintain ongoing two-way communication promoting professionalism, teamwork, positive employee morale, and outstanding customer service
- Provide timely feedback to management concerning possible problems, service failures or recommendations to implement areas of improvement
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Display a professional image in all settings
- Complete all other duties as required and/or necessary as requested by management
The duties listed above are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing; they are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific duties, responsibilities and activities does not exclude them from the position; as they may change at any time with or without notice.